Applicants should have an excellent University record, with at least 3 years of prior studies corresponding to 180 ECTS, with major in one of the following fields: physics, chemistry, engineering, applied mathematics, bioinformatics. Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL 580 or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) IS REQUIRED. As students from non EEA countries may not be able to provide an ECTS characterization of their previous studies, their applications will be will be ranked according to the following criteria :
- academic results of the student within his/her class (typical requirement: Grade Point Average) of at least 75% of the scale maximum)
- adequation of the student's background with the field of the Masters course
- letter of motivation of the student
- recommendation from recognized scientists
- quality or ranking of the institution in which the student obtained his bachelor (or equivalent) degree
- level and quality of the post-bachelor courses already taken by the student
- level of English knowledge
Each academic year, after closing the deadline for the applications, the steering committee will hold a meeting for evaluation of the students' proposals and selection of the successful candidates. In general the Consortium is assessing students individually on the basis of their previous academic record. For non-EEA students a limited number of Erasmus Mundus grants will be provided by the European Commission. The selection list for granted students will be submitted to the European Commission. The ENS-Lyon will inform the students as soon as the list is approved (likely by the end of May).
Admitted students will normally be accepted for one of the mobility schemes mentioned in their three preferred choices. Changes in the mobility scheme should be approved by the steering committee.