Documents for the French Residence permit
The request for a carte de séjour is made at the préfecture of the students residence in France.
If you are not from a member state of the european union, upon arrival in France you must provide:
- an ORIGINAL birth certificate in FRENCH or ENGLISH,
- or an ORIGINAL birth certificate accompanied by a TRANSLATED VERSION in FRENCH or ENGLISH done by an OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR.
The student must always provide each original document and its photocopy and a certified translation for it. Consult the French consular services for the list of official translators in your area.
- Passport with the long stay student visa
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (just for married students)
- Accommodation certificate
- Student card
- Scholarship certificate
- 3 identity photos (3x4 cm), recently taken, identical, bare-headed, full-face, on a white background
- A 70€ stamp (except for Algerian people)
French foreign affaires website: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/
Information about who needs a visa: