Student candidates for an EMMC scholarship
In order to certify that you are eligible for the Erasmus Mundus funding, please read the information below:
- Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 joint programme (EMMC) of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to maximum three different joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD together).
- Each project may give rise to the award of only one EU grant to any student for the same joint course over the length of the course concerned.
order to make the programme more attractive for third-country
nationals, the amount of the full-study
scholarship will be
higher for third-country masters students (Category A scholarships)
European masters students (Category B scholarships). More
Category B scholarships can be awarded to European masters students selected by EMMC consortia as well as to any masters students selected by EMMC consortia who do not fulfil the Category A criteria defined above.
- Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria for both Category A and B – e.g. students with a double nationality – must select the Category of their choice. As a result, they are entitled to apply only to one of the two categories of scholarship at a time.
- Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices.
- Individuals who have already benefited from an EMMC scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship in order to follow the same or another EMMC.
- Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies.
- EMMC students scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.